Joined: 09 Feb 2007
|Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 am Post subject: Burning Ordinance
|The Mayor and Board of Aldermen on June 12, 2017 adopted the following Burning Ordinance:
AMENDMENT TO THE LOREAUVILLE CODE OF ORDINANCES CHAPTER 10, FIRE PREVENTION AND PROTECTION. ARTICLE I. IN GENERAL.
Sec. 10-11.- Repealed
Sec. 10- 12.- Controlled fire or open burning.
A controlled fire or open burning of leaves, trash and yard debris, such as pine needles, pine cones, shrubs, brush and cut timber in Loreauville shall not be a violation of this chapter if the following guidelines are adhered to:
(1) The fire area shall not be greater than eight feet in diameter;
(2) The height of burning materials shall not be greater than four feet;
(3) Burning shall only occur between sunrise and one hour before sunset;
(4) The fire site shall not be unattended;
(5) A functional water hose shall be located next to the fire site; and
(6) The fire sites shall be located at least ten feet from the nearest property line.
(7) There shall be no more than one fire site per home site or parcel of land.
(8) The fire site shall be located at least 50 feet from any structure, if nearer than 50 feet from a structure a container must be used.
Sec. 10-13. - Recreational fires.
Recreational fires will be allowed after dark. The fire shall not be greater than four feet in diameter. The height of the burning material shall not be greater than four feet.
Sec. 10-14. - Violation.
A violation of any of the above restrictions shall result in the fire site being considered a fire hazard under this chapter.
Sec. 10-15. - Compliance with notice to abate fire hazard required.
Any person served with a notice to abate a fire hazard shall comply therewith promptly and inform the appropriate fire chief of such compliance.
Mayor Brad Clifton
June 12, 2017
Village of Loreauville, LA