Loreauville.us Forum Index Loreauville.us
The Little Village On The Teche Online!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WiFi in Loreauville/St. Martinville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Loreauville.us Forum Index -> General Talk Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c.mason

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: WiFi in Loreauville/St. Martinville Reply with quote

I was reading the Daily Iberian a couple weeks ago and came across an article that said that an independent communications company would be providing WiFi to the Loreauville, St. Martinville, and other rural areas in between.
It was my understanding that they would be piggy backing on an AT&T Fiberoptics line, and broadcasting across the region from local water towers. This was suppose to be a faster option for those of us with satellite internet, who just aren't satisfied with current upload/download speeds and limits.
It was my intention to hold onto the article, but before I got around to clipping it out, someone had thrown the newspaper away.
I have been searching the net for details, however I have been unsuccessful at finding the name of the company or the forecasted date of service availability.
If anyone has any details (Who, When, etc.), your response would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
CJM
Comeaux Rd.
Phyllis Savoy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: WiFi in Lor./St.Martin Reply with quote

The company that contacted Mayor Al Broussard about the Village water tower is Gulf Coast Broad Band out of the St. Mary Parish area. The article was a few days after our April 12 meeting, but we didn't save it either. Their website is gulfcoastbroadband.com. The Village of Loreauville has a lease agreement with Louisiana Water Company (LAWCO) to operate and maintain our entire water system. LAWCO has provided the guidelines Gulf Coast Broad Band has to follow to use the Village's water tower. These guidelines have been sent to Mr. Meyer. The Village is now waiting on a response from Gulf Coast Broad Band. We are hoping if it is too difficult to use the village water tower that Bayou Teche Water Works will give consideration to this need after their water tower is constructed.
c.mason

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Bayou Teche Water Works Reply with quote

I hope it isnt too much longer. I have been living between New Iberia and Loreauville for 6-7 years, using Satellite service, which is quite high (cost) for what I would consider to be slow. (Its more of a latency issue). I lived in New Iberia all my life, so since I decided to buy a home in the country, there has been no turning back. There is nothing more tranquil then laying on a hammock listening to the birds and the wind blowing through the trees. Obviously, there is one downfall to living in peace, that being technology, or lack of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Loreauville.us Forum Index -> General Talk Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: